Are you looking for silent e activities for your kindergartners or 1st graders? I’ll link to posts that offer free printable silent e activities. Silent e is also called magic e, bossy e, final e and e at the end. Whatever you call the rule, the e at the end changes the sound of the first vowel: it makes it long (ex. hop vs. hope, Sam vs. same and cap vs. cape).
Here are some free silent e activities pdf:
- Silent e igloo – Kids can color the igloo and practice reading silent e words.
- Silent e frogs– Students can color the frogs and read silent e words.
- Silent e decodable text The Red Rose– Kids can read and color the silent e decodable story The Red Rose.
- Silent e decodable text The Jade Plant– Kids can practice silent e words with the decodable reader The Jade Plant.
- Silent e flower worksheet– Kids can color the flowers and read the words.
- Silent e Christmas tree– Kids can color the tree and read silent e words.
- Silent e decodable text about Chinese New Year– Kids can color the pictures and read this silent e story.